Recorded on: Thursday December 13, 2012
Employer Healthcare Forecast - What’s Next for Healthcare Reform and the Affordable Care ActThe November 6th election results will have an impact on healthcare reform and the Affordable Care Act. Will implementation of the law continue? Will the law be replaced or repealed? What must employers have in place in 2013? This webinar will provide a post-election review and discuss the following topics:
- The election’s impact on health reform
- Employers (Plan Sponsors) requirements in 2013
- State insurance exchanges
- Last call to implement 2012 requirements
- Kristin Kahle Senior Vice President and Compliance Officer, Benefits Exchange Alliance In 1990, Kristin began her insurance career as a sales management team member with John Hancock Insurance Company in Boston. Since then, she has served in a variety of capacities for companies including Leavitt Group (National Restaurant Division, vice president) Plenary Insurance Services (vice president), Intercare Insurance Services (vice president), SFG Benefits Insurance Services (vice president of marketing and operations) which was sold to Intercare, and Lincoln Life Insurance Company (employee benefit and client services manager). She also successfully established and managed Glass House Benefits Administrators, building the business to more than 340 companies in nine states from 2001 to 2006. Kristin is currently pursuing a Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) from Argosy University (degree to be confirmed in 2013). In addition, she holds a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from University of Phoenix and a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration and Accounting from Pine Manor College in Chestnut Hill, MA.
- Kathryn Carlson Director, HR Management Products, KPA Kathryn Carlson is the Product Director for KPA's HR Management products. Kathryn has over 25 years of human resources management experience and is a certified HR professional. For the past 13 years Kathryn has focused on developing HR software and programs to improve efficiency, reduce risk, and ensure compliance for companies ranging from small businesses to international corporations.